Many thanks to Vicky Chandler for selecting me for this Liebster award. So this is basically an activity in which some smaller, lesser known bloggers nominate one another in an attempt to get to know one another and add that personal touch to our blogs. Essentially this is a chance to get to know Lewis Hopkins, the man, the student, the enigma…
The Liebster award comes in two parts. The first part involves me disclosing 11 facts about myself, and in the second part I will answer 11 questions put forward by the previous blogger, in this case Miss Chandler.
11 Facts About Me:
- I am born and bred in Ascot, Berkshire (You know the place with the horse racing).
- I am currently studying Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies at Cardiff University.
- I have a twin sister called Grace (No we are not identical, she is a girl and I have a penis!)
- I have a patch of grey hair, medically called a ‘halo nevus’, on the back of my head with other patches slowly popping up sporadically around the rest of my body.
- I am the Treasurer of Cardiff’s Journalism Society.
- My twin and I were the heaviest twins born at Heatherwood Hospital, Ascot in the year of 1994 (8 pounds and 10 pounds).
- I used to be a county level swimmer for Windsor Swimming Club but have since lost all interest in participating in all forms of exercise.
- I love going to the theatre and acting, something I haven’t really done since A-Level and so would like to get back into.
- I am 6ft 2 inches.
- I once met former Blue Peter presenter Konnie Huq on a sponsored cycle ride, never meet your idols they always disappoint.
- I am a big time Bowie fan boy.
Questions asked by Vicky Chandler:
1. Who’s your favourite YouTuber?
2. What’s your dream job?
My dream job would be to work on a political satire magazine, think ‘Private Eye’, or an entertainment reporter you know doing all the red carpet events and big celebrity interviews. Or perhaps even a morning radio talk show host, but I am far from a morning person so maybe that’s not the career path for me.
3. If you could eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Cockles. 100% cockles, you know the ones you get at the seaside. Just big pots of cockles with a bit of salt and vinegar, what a happy life that would be. French Fancies came a close second.
4. Who, or what, inspired you to start blogging?
I started blogging a while ago as when visiting university open days lectures kept drumming into us that a blog would be great thing to mention in a personal statement. So I posted sporadically for a year or two. But recently I have tried blogging on a much more regular basis, this is mainly due to a module I am currently doing called ‘Social Media Trends’, I am really enjoying it and hope to continue posting regularly after the module, and even my degree, has finished.
5. What’s the biggest quality you look for in a significant other?
The biggest quality I look for in a significant other is a sense of humour. It doesn’t have to be the exact same sense of humour as myself but just an existent one. There is nothing more attractive than someone that can make you laugh.
6. If you had a time machine, what would you use it to do?
I wouldn’t go to the future that’s for sure, it would all be quite overwhelming I think. At the same time when travelling into past you have to be careful, the last thing I want to do is erase my own history and never make it to 2014. What would I do? I think I would like to journey back from my birth and just follow back my family tree going further and further back and witnessing the experiences of my ancestors. That would be interesting, and wouldn’t it be lovely if they were at some pivotal historical moments, say the JFK assassination or the establishment of penal colonies in Australia for example.
7. What’s your guilty pleasure?
8. What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done?
I was once in a production of ‘Alice in Wonderland’ and was cast as the Queen of Hearts. So it was a case of full make-up, full drag for 7 nights. Slightly embarrassing but also rather enjoyable!
9. What’s your favourite tipple?
Not going to lie, I did have to look up the word ‘tipple’. Oh alcohol gotcha! Anything creamy, specially Bailey’s or Advocaat.
10. If you could ban one thing from the world what would it be?
I could say something very ‘Miss America’ like cancer or world poverty but no, probably Marvin Humes on The Voice. Unbearable!!
(Some wonderful questions, thanks Vicky)
1. If you could only listen to one album for the rest of your life what would it be?
2. What is your favourite childhood film?
3. What is your greatest achievement?
4. Who, or what, inspired you to start blogging?
5. What is your ideal date?
6. What is your dream job?
7. If you were stranded on a desert island which living celebrity would you take with you and why?
8. What are your views on Scottish Independence?
9. Red, white or rose wine?
10. Which dead celebrity would you most like to have afternoon tea with?
11. What is your worst habit?